Conversion Question: Transmission Adaptor

by Al

Adaptor Plate looks like this...

Adaptor Plate looks like this...

I would like to convert a 1994 Nissan Hardbody to electric. If I keep the original transmission, I assume I'd have to have some kind of adapter to mount between the electric motor and the transmission. Is this something that can be purchased? If so, where?

Also, any ideas for a good source of electric motors and other supplies necessary for this conversion?

Hi, Al -
Yes, you'll need an adaptor plate specific to your truck. Canadian Electric Vehicles sells these, just tell them what you've got.

For motors and supplies?

Motors: EV West has a nice selection.

Parts: Electric Motorsport or Green Shed Conversions.

Kits: Canadian Electric Vehicles.

Batteries: EV West.


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Conversion questions.